There may be good reason to schedule and vision evaluation if you notice a child:
1. Holding a book very close (only 7 or 8 inches away).
2. Holding their head at an extreme angle to the book when reading.
3. Covering one eye when reading.
4. Squinting when doing near vision work.
5. Exhibiting poor posture when working close.
6. Moving his or her head back and forth while reading instead of moving only eyes.
7. Has poor attention span, drowsiness after prolonged work less than arm’s length away
8. Struggling with their homework and reading takes longer than it should.
9. Reports seeing blurring or double while reading or writing.
If you need a vision evaluation for your child, feel free to contact:
Dr. Lori Landrio
2126 Merrick Mall